Work together with the Outreach Team (a.k.a. COM Cartel) to build & grow euforia’s online community, creating content, implementing engagement cycles and online campaigns through our communication channels.
Volunteer with us — Become a Communication Ninja
This new volunteer position offered by euforia is a unique opportunity that combines real responsibility and on-the-job training, framed with a personalized and flexible plan fostering your personal and professional growth.
You will be responsible for supporting the Outreach Team to build and grow euforia’s online community, creating content, implementing engagement cycles and online campaigns through our communication channels.
You can choose how much time you want to work with us, as well as in which of the areas below you'd like to contribute.
GET YOUR HANDS DIRTY CREATING DAILY CONTENT FOR OUR DIFFERENT AUDIENCES ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, YOUTUBE, LINKEDIN, NEWSLETTER AND BLOG.
- Short “essays” articles related to your interests and the different euforia “topics”.
- Reviews about projects "Powered by euforia", from our partners, volunteers or any other inspiring (young) project.
- Articles about other sustainable young initiatives, NGOs, etc.
- Posting topten-style books lists, tutorials, manuals, tools, etc. for CHANGEmakers.
- Playlists with inspiring videos in Youtube.
GETTING TO KNOW AND ENGAGING WITH THE AUDIENCES ON OUR SOCIAL NETWORK CHANNELS, NEWSLETTER AND WEBSITE.
- Leave comments in different discussion groups.
- Curate and foster social content from euforia partners and interesting initiatives, to meet the needs of our community members.
- Research & share interesting engagement opportunities for our community.
RESEARCH, ANALYSE AND MAKE RECOMMENDATIONS ON CURRENT AND EMERGING SOCIAL MEDIA AND DIGITAL TRENDS, TOOLS, APPLICATIONS AND CHANNELS.
- Help identify and engage topic influencers and brand advocates.
- Explore new social media and look for new opportunities. Brainstorm to develop a presence on new platforms (e.g., Snapchat, Tumblr, Learnist, Pinterest, Good.is).
- Use analytics, knowledge of community, and personal creativity to continually refine best practices for optimisation.
- Advise and work with euforia staff on social media strategy.
- Liaise with staff from partner organisations to learn, share best practices and nurture a culture of movement.
MEASURE, ANALYZE, MEASURE SOME MORE, AND REPORT
- Compile and distribute weekly reports about our social media performance and impact, providing insight and key learnings that support the data.
- Use analytics, knowledge of community and personal creativity to continually refine best practices for optimisation.
- You have an academic background that includes studies in the field of communications, marketing, medias, social sciences, or none of them... but you have a strong work experience and or interest.
- You live and breath Social Media. You have at least one (public) account on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, LinkedIn, Snapchat, a blog or any other social network.
- You have an excellent command and a strong ability to write concisely in English, Swiss-German, German and/or in French.
- You work hard and fast, but with attention to detail.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit. You are eager to make things happen and want to work with smart young people that have no fear trying new challenges and taking risks.
- You are curious and hungry to learn and kick ass.
- You make friends easily, take risks often and you believe work should be fun. You share euforia's values.
Why is this cool?
- On-the-job experience in online communications and campaigning.
- A highly qualifying volunteer experience tailored to your needs, with flexible hours and workload.
- An opportunity for real professional and personal development: our staff supports you in understanding your strengths.
- A strong feedback culture allows each person to continuously grow and become more self-aware
- A first –in the field– insight of what we do and how we work. An opportunity to know more about our programmes directly from inside.
- Exclusive and direct access to future job opportunities at euforia.
- The opportunity to contribute to the development of an innovative initiative on the verge of becoming the national reference in youth engagement and of massively scaling internationally (you will participate in strategic decision making with the Communication team). Read more about us here.
- A working environment you will find in no other organization: fun, laughter, flexibility and friendship are as important to us as working hard to reach our ambitious goals.
Workload: On a volunteer basis. You can choose how much time you want to work with us (take-as-much-as-you-want principle). Minimum recommended: 4 hours/week.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Work place: Online or in our offices in Geneva or Bern.
The application process
We kindly ask you to send us the following documents:
- A motivation video (not letter). 1 to 3 min.
- Your CV or LinkedIn account (just to know you a bit better).
- Links to your social media account(s).
In addition, we would like to see your written skills and social media skills in action. Thus, we've prepared four exercises. Please choose and work on two of them. We are not going to publish your answers.
- Exercice #1: Imagine you need to promote one of our programmes. Choose one and write a twitter-style sentence to promote it (max. 140 characters).
- Exercice #2: Choose one of the pictures in our website and create a Facebook-style post to explain what we do at euforia. A short sentence needs to be included.
- Exercice #3: Choose one campaign or organisation that you like and inspire you and write a short text to explain us why you chose it (max. 400 characters).
- Exercice #4: Send us a drawing or a photo (taken by yourself) to explain what added value will you bring to the Communication team at euforia?
Please send your documents and the two exercices to javier[at]euforia.ch.