The Unleash Project —
your way to meaningful careers and institutions
By 2020, millennials will form 50% of the global workforce and as recent studies show, 90% of them seek jobs with meaning, while 85% would like to contribute to society in their profession (Shell youth study, 2015). At the same time organizations from all sectors feel the need to change the ways of working, for more well-being at all levels: individual, team, institutions and society (in line with the Sustainable Development Goals). Our current education system is outdated and does not provide them with the kind of skills required to fulfill these needs.
We believe it is high time to mainstream new ways of learning, working and innovating that are adapted to the challenges our economy, society and environment face in the 21st century.
What is The Unleash Project?
Digitalization and transparency, globalization and complexity, Generation Y and change of values: our work environments are changing. Therein lies the huge opportunity to rethink work in a way that unleashes potential for more wellbeing and impact at all levels: individual, team, institutional and societal.
The Unleash Project is an open source, transformative and experience-driven learning program to thrive in the paradigm shift of work of the 21st century across sectors and generations. Like-minded youth, individuals and organizations from all sectors explore the attitudes, skills and knowledge it takes to move from careers to vocation.
Programme flow and content
The programme is built around 3 pillars:
The “Learn” pillar, takes place throughout four workshops lasting 2 days each. The first three workshops enable the participants to explore and immerse into the new attitudes, skills and knowledge they need in order to move from unleashing their potential from the personal, to the team, to the institutional and societal level. Last, a debriefing workshop is held to explore the learnings and next steps at an individual and institutional level. The programme is based on holistic learning and experiential learning principles.
The “Transform” pillar is encouraged through a marketplace for intrapreneurship where organisations and individuals can support each other through hands on projects to tackle a certain challenge in an organisation.
The “Share” pillar ensures that participants support each other on the journey to move from career to vocation. They do so through reverse coaching sessions (between two participants) as well as the possibility to share their own discoveries in Share & Grow nights (community evenings where we encourage participants to share an idea, a concept, a field worth sharing).
Dates & Topics
The following dates contain one entire program cycle which lasts from September until April. However, it is possible to enter the program at any time and level. Every training is an entry point and you have the possibility to finish it in the following cycle, starting in September 2018.
22 - 23 September 2017: Personal Level: Focus, Mindfulness and Wholeness, Share & Grow Night
Kulturpark, Pfingstweidsrasse 16, Zurich
The personal level gives the participants the opportunity to explore attitudes, skills and knowledge to unleash potential for wellbeing and impact at the personal level:
- Discovering personal potential and intrinsic motivation (including qualities, values and moral compass, purpose)
- Strengthening the ability to live the potential as well as motivation andovercoming barriers
- Enhancing own self-management capacity, including well-being, balance and efficiency
3 - 4 November 2017: Team Level: Creating a collaborative working environment, Share & Grow Night
Innovationsdorf, Wylerringstrasse 36, Bern
The team level gives the participants the opportunity to explore attitudes, skills and knowledge to unleash potential for well-being and impact at the team level:
- Building connection and getting to know team members
- Creating a common basis for a team, including purpose and principles
- Using the collective potential through facilitation and collective intelligence.
2 - 3 February 2018: Institutional Level: Organizations of the 21st century, Share & Grow Night
Geneva or Lausanne
The institutional level gives the participants the opportunity to explore attitudes, skills and knowledge to unleash potential for well-being and impact at the institutional level:
- Institutional cultures, structures and models adapted to the new contexts
- Innovation, sustainability, best place to work, human-centered leadership
- Collaborating outside the boundaries of own organizations and sectors
6 - 7 April 2018: Societal Level: SDGs and Impact Initiatives, Share & Grow Night
Geneva or Lausanne
The societal level gives the participants the opportunity to explore attitudes, skills and knowledge to unleash potential for well-being and impact at the global level:
- Sustainable Development Goals
- Creating positive impact on the societal level
- Connecting impact communities, tribes and initiatives
Do you want to take your career or organization to the next level? To join The Unleash Project, you:
- have basic experiences in Project Management and/or Facilitation
- are a motivated and enthusiastic teamplayer with a pro-active attitude and like to work solution-focused with like-minded people and organizations from different backgrounds.
- support our community principles:
- "You get what you give"
- Whole Presence
- Safe Space & Radical Collaboration
- Exploration & Experimentation
The following fees represent the fees for the second programme cycle until April 2018 (prices might change for the second cycle):
- Rate 1 – Low Budget: 150 CHF per weekend or 500 CHF for the whole cycle.
If you are faced with a difficult financial situation, we invite you to apply for Rate 1, describing your financial situation in the application form.
- Rate 2 – Medium Budget: 250 CHF per weekend or 800 CHF for the whole cycle.
If your current financial situation allows you to do so, we invite you to pay rate 2. With this rate you contribute to cover the basic costs of the program.
- Rate 3 – Donor Budget rate: 350 CHF per weekend or 1200 CHF for the whole cycle.
If your current financial situation allows you to do so, we invite you to pay the donor rate. With this rate you contribute to social balance by cross-financing rate 1 and 2.
- Host Rate*: 50% of Rate 1, 2 or 3.
If you’re unreasonably motivated to be actively part of the program and would like to develop your Project Management and Facilitation skills, become part of the host team (see description below)! You'll benefit from a reduced price: you choose, according to your financial situation, one of the above rates and pay only 50%.
Included in the fees are:
- Participation to the workshop weekend(s) from September to April (incl. workshop material)
- One vegetarian meal offered during the workshop weekends
- Participation to the Share & Grow Nights
- Becoming part of the euforia network (access to engagement offers etc.)
Yes, yes, yes, yes? Then apply now!
Questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are thrilled that you want to join The Unleash Project! Please complete the form above so we can learn more about you and clarify administrative details for your participation.
*Become a host!
As a host, you’re willing to invest some of your precious time to co-organize & co-create the four workshop weekends of The Unleash Project and/or (r)evolution lab in a team. While getting trained and coached in order to organize the program, you’ll also experience it as a participant.
What you benefit from as a host:
- You receive 4 days training and personal coaching during one year in project management, leadership, facilitation and self-management.
- You decide in which domain of the project you want to work (program development, logistics, communications, participants management,...).
- You experience a different kind of working culture based on co-creation, radical collaboration, pushing boundaries and the oops-culture (daring to try and fail).
- You profit from a reduced price (pay what you can between 250 and 600 CHF) that includes the two training weekends and the participation of The Unleash Project.
- You’ll enter a community of like-minded and highly motivated changemakers and get the opportunity to work together on new projects.
- You can participate at a Radical Collaboration® training for a reduced price.
What you offer as a host:
- Some of your precious time to co-organize one of the two programs (4 workshop weekends: September to April) in an enthusiastic team with an entrepreneurial attitude.
- You participate at the two training weekends: 2-3 June and 9-10 December 2017.
- You have basic experiences in Project Management and/or Facilitation.
- You have basic English skills to be able to follow the trainings.
- You share our values and vision.
Yes, yes, yes, yes? Then apply now on the form above!
This project is possible thanks to the support of:
Bundesamt für Sozialversicherungen /
Office féderal des assurances sociales